Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hello are you there?

I know that is the question on everyone’s mind lately. Yes, it’s been a while since I’ve updated my blog. But I think that’s a good thing. That just means that I have been keeping busy.

I told y’all at the beginning of the year that one of my goals for the year was to see the sights around the region. I think I have been accomplishing at least that goal.

In the last few months I have been to the revolutionary war site at Kings Mountain, the national white water park in Mount Holly, Latta Plantation in Huntersville, Old Salem in Winston-Salem, and Korner's Folly in Kernersville.

Looking at this list I have seen sites from various eras of United States history. The revolutionary war era, early 1800’s town life and mid 1800’s plantations and merchants, civil war, and current recreational trends. Pretty interesting and eclectic. Now the dilemma is what to do next.

I am currently taking suggestions from the few people that look at this blog on what I should do next. Let me hear from you……………

3 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to see the Korners Folly and the Old Salem museums. It sounds like fun...

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Sherry.
    Just wanted to say hi from NJ.
    Keep in touch,
    Lisa Sud (Koz)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Hi,
    I was googling the internet trying to find a powerpoint tutorial that I could use to help people setup email accounts. I saw back in 2006 that you were doing this. If you have something and you would share I would greatly appreciate it.

    With your permission it will be incorporated into a larger presentation on Financial Literacy aimed at refugees/immigrants and will go on webpage www.novarng.org

    You can email me at president@novarng.org if you have something I may use.

    Thanks,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home