Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Friday, January 19, 2007

fish

Well, I have a Christmas update for the masses of people who are waiting with bated breath to hear what happened with my father-in-law and the fish.




Nothing



Well, not exactly nothing, but close to it.

The day I told him I would go fish tank shopping with him, I rushed home from work, so I could meet him at the store we agreed upon. What did I find when I got home? My in-laws and husband all there at my house waiting for me to get dinner ready. This was not the plan that I agreed upon when I left them the night before, and no one bothered to call me during the day. To my surprise plans had changed during the day and it was all of a sudden more important to "help", aka watch, my husband put together the new computer he desperately needed so he could go in circles better (racing games).

Okay, enough of the grousing about the priorities of the in-laws and husband.

I went last weekend and got the fish tank, a pretty 5-gallon tank, with some plants and rocks and a cute snail that has a sign that says "no fishing" set it all up and put 3 adorable fish in it on Tuesday, me and my fish are happy as clams. (No pun intended)

My fish; Fred 5, Herman and Killer all seem to be doing well and are happy to see me when I get home from work, because they already know that it is supper time when I get home and I turn on their light. Let me tell you a little about them.

Fred 5 is the predecessor to all my other fish that I have named Fred. For some reason, whenever I have had fish in the past I have named one of them Fred and I felt that this one needed to stand out. Well I can't remember really how many carnival goldfish I have had over the years and Fred 5 sounded cool, so I gave him that name. He is a little gold fish with these cute puffy cheek things. They look like sacks of air on the side of his face. Can you say adorable!

Herman is named after one of my favorite picture books when I was growing up, Herman the Helper, by Robert Kraus is about a fish that goes around the ocean helping all the other sea life, and I just thought I would give ol' Herman a nod. He is the largest fish that I have and he has predominantly white scales with an orange underbelly and fins.

Killer, is the name that my father-in-law wanted me to give to one of my fish so I have named the ugliest one Killer, He is the middle size fish and his scales are a multitude of colors; black, orange, red, white. Funky looking to say the least. I have secretly named him, but I can't reveal that name or it wouldn't be a secret. It is a much prettier name, to give this homely guy or gal some confidence.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll let you know how I am doing on my new year's resolutions next week.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being the nasty thing I am, I wouldn't have cooked dinner, I would have ordered out and made my husband or inlaws pay for it. You are a more tolerant,kinder,politer person than I.
    I hope you enjoy your fish...can't wait to see them.
    What is Killer's real name?

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger mannaisme said…

    Here fishy fishy fishy! Yay, I am so glad that you got your fish, your way, without the fuss and bother. Maybe, sometimes, life can go very well when we are not watching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home