Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Image Preview
Well, it's that time again to come up with some crazy resolutions that most likely you are not going to complete.

Well NOT this year!

This year I decided to come up with a workable list of things that I might actually complete. Granted I "borrowed" some of these ideas from other sources but the ideas are great. so thanks to Ellen DeGeneres and the Charlotte Observer columnist that does the "new in town" column.

1. I resolve to see something unique to this area of the country at least once a week. This is the easy one since I am new to the area I haven't seen much.

2. I resolve to not eat as much. Now, I didn't say "diet" I am choosing not to eat as much or as late in the evening as I don now. Hopefully this small change will lead to the real goal, but I am taking small steps.

3. I resolve to not talk about my old home like I would rather be there than here. I have nothing to say about this, because I might just start waxing poetic about my old home, and that would defeat the purpose of this whole thing.

4. I resolve to be less negative than I am now. This will be a hard one since I am stuck in a rut of negativity, I am hoping to get out of this slump and on to happier times.

So what do you think? Short and simple not that extreme. I think some will be harder than others but if I keep a positive attitude about things it might just work. I'll have to revisit this post throughout the year and see if I am living up to my resolutions.

How about you? Are you resolving to change anything this year?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger mannaisme said…

    Does this mean an end to snarkyness? Oh my, and just when I have vowed to lose weight also . . . something that definitely won't make me feel snarky at all. Right.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    belly likes to read

     

Post a Comment

<< Home