Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm back!!!!

Well I just decided to take a look at my blog and realized I have been a slacker lately. No excuse really, just time getting away from me and thinking that there will always be time later to update everyone on my oh so exciting life. Let's see, what have I talked about with my blog friends? Oh yes, my fish, Well, Herman and Fred 5 are doing great! They are very happy here at the house. I open the blinds for them every day so they can see what is going on in the world. and they seem happy to see me when I come home from work. Okay I know I sound crazy and pathetic, after all they are just fish. But hey little things make me happy these days. Anyway, while I was on the hunt for replacement filters. I asked the fish guy at a PetCo store how many fish could comfortably fit in my size tank and he told me that two were plenty. Because fish use about 2 gallons of oxygen per day and I have 2 fish in my 5 gallon tank, so that would leave me with just a half of a fish which is just mean. So while I feel bad about killer dying I can comfotably say I didn't over or under feed him or give him bad water which is what I was thinking. Which then led into a whole guilt trip depression thing about me being a bad mom (which is a whole other issue for me). Anyway the guy at the Walmart who sold me Killer said it didn't really matter how many fish I had in the tank that they would adjust. At least the PetCo guy sounded more official with his math equation , I don't know if he is right or not. But I am going with right because he knew he was loosing a sale buy not selling me the cute black bulgy eye fish that I wanted to buy.

Although that math equation thing doesn't explain the carnival Goldfish I had growing up that lasted for weeks without getting fed and months without clean water that managed to survive in my round fish bowls for years. Did you know that round fish bowls are dangerous for the mental health of fish? They go stir crazy swimming in circles, or so says a study in France from a few years ago. So if you are ever in France looking for a round fish bowl forget about it, they are outlawed. At least if my memory for useless facts is to be believed I think the study was in France and the outcome was outlawed fishbowls.

Well enough from me today. I could write all day today but I should clean the house, joy oh' joy!
Look for more from me later this weekend. I promise to update you on my new year's resolutions soon!

Have a swimmingly good day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you finally wrote in your blog, I've been looking forward to it. Reg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home