Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

podcasting

Oh geez, here we go again, new vernacular. Now I have to "sync" my mp3 player? I guess that means synchronize it to play the podcasts. Are you guys going to have an MP3 tutor session at All Staff Day? I think that would be a great idea for us newbies. Although, now that we have accomplished all of the "things" , maybe "syncing" my MP3 player won't be as hard as it sounds.

Searching in Yahoo podcasts for libraries and new jersey I found many interesting podcasts to listen to. The process was pretty easy, just like searching in a search engine.

I first found an hour long podcast from Haunted New Jersey about their investigation of a haunted library in New Jersey. But I couldn't listen to the whole thing at work and since it wasn't really library related I chose to keep looking.

I then found a podcast from an episode of LiSRadio from the University of Missouri entitled, "Library Service to Older Adults and the Baby Boomers". Allan M. Kleiman, head of reference at Westfield Memorial Library, Westfield, New Jersey was the guest speaker of this podcast. Allan is chair of the American Library Association's Committee on Library Service to the Aging, and was only one of four librarians that attended the White House Conference on Aging as an
"official" voting delegate. This was an interesting discussion on public library service and how librarians should be serving this unique population in this technological age. I added the LiSRadio podcasts to my bloglines account and I am looking forward to hearing more from them.

Now I am wondering if Rutgers University has podcasts? My alma mater by the way, and yes it is a "REAL" college as I was asked by a southerner the other day. Apparently you are only a "real" college if you have a winning football team and since Rutgers finally won (GO SCARLET KNIGHTS) a game last weekend, it isn't deemed "Real" down here. Anyway I digress.

Okay I am off to check out Rutgers podcasts.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like Rutgers has a better team than Green Bay this year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home