Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

library thing

While, I like the concept of librarything, I don't think it is for me. It would be great for someone like my mother who has every book she has ever bought. She could finally catalogue them and see how many duplicate books she actually has. Since I deal with books in my work life I try not to purchase alot of books and I already have a low tech pen and notebook method of keeping track of the books that I read I can't see myself using this to much. But if I had a cataloguing or organizing project that I had to complete either for work or "Real" life I can see utilizing this program. With that said I did create a list of books that were meaningful to me throughout different stages of my life. You can see them on the sidebar of my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home