Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

newsreader extras

Well, maybe it's me but I couldn't get much out of any of the feed search tools. I looked at feedster, topix.net, Syndic8.com and Technorati and couldn't find good feeds on the two topics I was looking for. I found it easier just to go to the sites that I already visit and check for a feed icon. I realize that my topics might have been the problem. I was interested to see if any one was doing anything on basket making, but as I realized there are many ways to search for that topic ( basketry, basket-making, basket weaving, etc) and I wasn't getting any good hits, or maybe people into basket making aren't into computers. I also looked for feeds having to do with news from central New Jersey where I am from, but that may have been to narrow of a topic, I got news feeds from the New Jersey papers but it was all of NJ and I don't want to look through that much stuff every day. If you were really into the newsreader thing and you were interested in things that people blog about you might find these tools useful, but for a casual user they could be frustrating.

I am looking forward to next week and learning about image generators, librarything(BTW so cool) and Rollyo(what ever that is).

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home