Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Friday, August 18, 2006

7 habits

The seven strategies to life long learning are interesting concepts to think about. They seem so obvious when you think about them and for the most part we should already be incorporating them into our daily lives. With a little tweeking and a little shifting of attitude these all should be attainable.

For me, however, I believe that the hardest concept to accomplish will be having confidence as a competent effective learner. It is hard for me, a person with little formal computer training, but a lot of "in the trenches" computer learning, to believe that I can do some of the things that are asked of you in the Learning 2.0 experience. Will I do it right, will my blog make sense, will people get my sense of humor? I sometimes feel that I have enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to fix my exploratory goofs, so I don't explore. This will make me explore.

Apparently, what will be the easiest for me to do will be to teach or mentor others. At my branch we had difficulty logging on to the podcasts from the staff computers. IT came yesterday and fixed the problem on one of the machines. I sent out an email this morning to the rest of the staff letting them know that it wasn't them, but that the computers were having problems with logging on. I also told the staff to use the computer that now has the needed "stuff" and to ask me if they needed help with anything. While, I am by no means an "expert", two heads are better than one sometimes. I have already been approached by a few staff members with questions about the program and I hope more jump on the bandwagon with me.

Keep learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home