Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Musings on technology

What interests me about technology?

That is this weeks question. What a difficult question. Interest, according to the 4th edition of the American Heritage College Dictionary means "state of of curiosity or concern about or attention to something".

I don't find I have much curiosity when it comes to technology. I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I finally figure something out. But am I interested/curious in it? Not really.

But for my job it is a necessity that I know about various technologies and how to work with them. As I said before I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous and not enough to fix what I screw up. Knock on wood, so far I haven't managed to mess anything up to bad. And this blog thing seems to be going pretty well, so far.

But in the spirit of learning I have played around with flickr and some other sites and found that it was pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I particularly enjoyed playing with spell with flickr and also the flickr color picker.

I was also able to down load a book, but I'll talk about that for one of my other challenges. I also looked at some library related blogs in preparation for next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home