Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Friday, September 01, 2006

my favorite blogs

Wow what a daunting task set before us today. I was working up the list from Z-A but I only got to the beginning of S before I had to go to lunch. When I got back the site wouldn't load. I guess alot of people are doing the same thing. I probably won't be able to get back to the list for a few days so I wanted to give you a list of blogs that interested me so far. My criteria for inclusion in my list was simple. Have you been following the course, have you made it interesting and personal so that the course is interesting to you, have you completed all tasks to date?

http://www.spinelabel.blogspot.com This site is helpful, informative, personal and complies with the spirit of the L2 initiative. Congrats!

http://www.talknerd.wordpress.com What a great site. I love all the '80s references. This is a girl after my own heart. Not only has she completed the tasks but she has done it in a fun, cool way. I couldn't see the Mr. T video but that just allows me the opportunity to check out YouTube when I get home and have the video capability.

http://www.morethanlettuce.blogspot.com What can you say about Salad Days. She has a great site. I love the parking game. Great pictures and she has completed all the tasks so far. She is also very actively looking at other blogs and comments freely.

http://www.usefulsoftware.blogspot.com While this site was full of interesting and helpful information it has not really completed all of the tasks so far. I am including it because the information it supplied far outweighed it's incompleteness.

http://www.why-susan.blogspot.com Beautiful pictures, personal and complete so far. Although not absolutely up-to-date I had to include this because I agree with her/him? On the concern about the part-time staff. I know that there are part-time as well as full-timers that don't feel they are being given the time to complete the tasks. I will also note that some of those people don't really want to do it, so complain about the lack of time instead of just saying they don't want to do it. But on the other hand I don't feel there is enough encouragement and support from midlevel staff either. Just my two cents, for what ever it is worth

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said…

    Thanks for these great links!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, thank you so much for making me one of your favorite blogs. Actually I just completed all the the tasks this morning :P. I spent a little too long on YouTube. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home