Jersey Girl Librarian

Hi, My name is Sherry, I am a Librarian working in Charlotte North Carolina. I have recently moved to the Charlotte area from New Jersey. As my blog title shows I am a Jersey Girl at heart and wherever I go, so goes my Jersey pride.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

del.icio.us

I don't get it?! Maybe I am just not using the web the way that you are "supposed" to. I think this is avery confusing site. I read all the tutorials, watched the video, signed up for an account and I just don't get the point? Do you sign on to this site in the morning and then go to the sites you use daily from there? Isn't that the same as bloglines, which is soooooo less confusing to use. Maybe I am to linear of a thinker but this doesn't make any sense. Which is really frustrating since I was getting the hang of everything up until this week. Maybe I should become a history professor like the Us.ef.ul: A beginners guide to Del.icio.us talked about.

Oh well maybe if I play around with it more I will see some benefit. I let you know if I see any benefit to this chaos.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:38 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hi Sherry - funny how we all 'click' with different things - I'm a total del.icio.us convert! I don't use my Favourites/Bookmarks anymore - I keep everything on del.icio.us so no matter where I am I can access the same set of links. I stay logged in at home and at work so it's a quick matter of adding a site to del.icio.us, or accessing one them - just one click of a button away. The difference between Bloglines and del.icio.us is that bloglines lets you know when a site is updated, and del.icio.us just keeps a record of them (like bookmarks). have fun :-)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sherry,
    As a fellow Jersey Girl, I think the picture that you choose for the top of your sidebar is perfect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home